The College Language Association Mission Statement
The College Language Association, founded in 1937 by a group of Black scholars and educators, is an organization of college teachers of English and foreign languages which serves the academic, scholarly and professional interests of its members and the collegiate communities they represent
The College Language Association:
- Fosters high professional standards for teachers of language and literature and promotes productive scholarship among its members;
- Publishes scholarly books of critical essays and bibliographical references;
- Encourages interest in creative writing;
- Holds an annual convention for presentation of scholarly papers, exchange of ideas with other colleagues, and dialogue with specialists brought in by the Association;
- Maintains a Placement Directory for its members.