The College Language Association . . .
- Fosters high professional standards for teachers of language and literature and promotes productive scholarship among its members;
- Publishes scholarly books of critical essays and bibliographical references;
- Encourages interest in creative writing;
- Holds an annual convention for presentation of scholarly papers, exchange of ideas with other colleagues, and dialogue with specialists brought in by the Association;
- Maintains a Placement Directory for its members.