College Language Association 2019 Convention
April 11-13, 2019
Hosted by North Carolina Central University
Raleigh, North Carolina
1619 < Expanding Narratives > 2019
Check this ONLINE Program for Program Updates!
Convention Location: Hilton North Raleigh Midtown
3415 Wake Forest Road, Raleigh, NC, 27609
Room Rate: $149/day
The “College Language Association Summer Mailing 2018” includes:
- Letter from the CLA President, Donna Akiba Sullivan Harper
- Letter from the CLA Vice-President, Yvonne E. McIntosh
- Letter from the Local Host for CLA 2019, Marco Polo Hernández Cuevas
- Call for Papers (including hotel information)
- Invitation for Convention Registration Fee Waiver for first-time attendees (which we invite you to share with colleagues and friends who wish to participate for the first time)
- CLA Journal updates from CLAJ Editor, Sandra G. Shannon
Separate PDF documents Provide:
Please share these documents widely!
Continue to consult the CLA website for updates and additional information.
We look forward to seeing you in the Raleigh-Durham metropolis from April 11-13, 2019.
Online 2019 Renewal and Convention Purchase
Abstracts for the 2019 CLA Convention are due October 30, 2018.
How to Submit Abstracts
Only send your abstract to ONE of the following:
Send individual abstracts and proposals for panels focused on English Language and Literature to:
Address questions to: Dr. Jervette R. Ward, English Area Representative, [email protected]
Send individual abstracts and proposals for panels focused on World Languages and Literature topics to:
Address questions to: Dr. Rhonda Collier, World Languages Area Representative, [email protected]
ONLY Allied Organizations and CLA Standing Committees should send panel proposals to:
Address questions to: Dr. Yvonne McIntosh, CLA Vice President, [email protected]
If you have technical issues with our electronic submission form, please contact our CLA Public Relations Director, Dr. Tyechia L. Thompson, [email protected].
Abstracts are due October 30, 2018.
See archives of previous CLA conventions.