The University of Denver’s Department of Languages and Literatures invites applications for a full-time Teaching Assistant Professor of Spanish (Beginning Language Sequence Coordinator). Non-tenure track position with full benefits and initial three-year contract; contract is renewable and promotion possible. Start: September 1, 2019. Teaching load: eight courses over three quarters, possibility to negotiate a reduction for coordination work. Salary: competitive.
- MA at time of application; specialization in Spanish Applied Linguistics, Second Language Acquisition or a closely related field.
- Native or near-native proficiency in Spanish and English.
- Experience and accomplishments in active support of diversity and inclusiveness.
- Record of excellence coordinating beginning and/or intermediate Spanish language classes at the college or university level.
- Record of excellence teaching Spanish language at the college or university level.
The successful candidate will have a specialization in Spanish Applied Linguistics, Second Language Acquisition or a closely related field. They will be responsible for coordinating courses in the Spanish language program and will teach in the first- and/or second-year Spanish curriculum. Other duties include language placement, student advising, and service to the department.
For best consideration, please apply by December 17th. Preliminary interviews will be conducted in early January 2019. A complete job description and application instructions are available at https://dujobs.silkroad.com/.
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff and encourages applications from women, minorities, members of the LGBT community, people with disabilities and veterans. The University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.