Subject Specific Fellowships and Awards – Rose Library – Emory University
The Rose Library offers 9 subject-specific short-term fellowships awarded by donors to support scholarly use of the Library’s research collections.
The Rose Library short-term research fellowships have a value of $250-$1,250. The length of the fellowship will depend on the applicant’s research proposal.
Fellowship applications are required to submit a research plan and are evaluated on the following criteria:
- the qualifications of the candidate;
- a clearly articulated research topic; and
- a demonstrated understanding of the research materials available in the Rose Library to support their work.
Equal weight is given to each of these three aspects in determining the final priority rating.
- In addition to meeting the minimum residency requirements, all award recipients will be required to submit a report of their experiences and work within the archive for the Rose Library blog.
- All fellows are paid their award money 4-6 weeks AFTER completion of their visit.
- The application deadline is February 28, 2020.
- All fellowship winners are announced in April 2020 on our website with amounts and research project title. You will also be mailed a letter and sent an email.
- All fellowships must be completed by April 2021.