First-Time Attendee Award
Call for Applications for the First-Time Attendee Convention Registration Fee Waiver
Deadline: January 15, 2020
The College Language Association (CLA) offers the opportunity for a fee waiver for Convention registration costs to selected first-time attendees who are either 4-year college/university faculty members or graduate students. (Undergraduate students are not eligible.) Selected recipients, through this application/competition process, may represent various geographic regions.
Graduate Students: Up to 2 graduate students attending the CLA convention for the first time may each receive a convention registration fee waiver through this application/competitive process.
Four-year college/university faculty members: Up to 2 four-year college/university faculty members attending the CLA convention for the first time may receive a convention registration fee waiver through this application/competitive process.
- Submit CLA membership dues on the CLA website for the 2020 calendar year. (Pay membership dues no later than January 15, 2020.)
- Submit an abstract for a paper (or panel participation) for the 2020 convention. See the Call for Papers on the CLA website (www.clascholars.org) for details.
- Submit proof that the abstract has been accepted for the upcoming convention, i.e., the copy of your acceptance letter.
Submit all materials via email attachments to all three of the following:
Responsibilities of Winners: Recipients of fee waivers must (1) be a member in good standing with CLA, (2) attend the CLA Convention and (3) attend the annual Convention Banquet to be recognized.
- The applicant must be a CLA member by January 15, 2020.
- The applicant must have submitted an abstract for a paper (or panel participation using the Google form by the stated due date (September 15, 2019).
- The applicant must submit the required documents via email by January 15, 2020. Late applications will not be considered.
Winner(s) of this competition will be notified no later than February 15, 2020.