The CLA Journal (ISSN 0007-8549) is an international multilingual peer-reviewed bi-annual publication by the College Language Association. It is issued in September and March of each year.
CLAJ requires standard formatting for all essays, including those submitted for consideration in special issues. Submissions that do not adhere to these specifications will not be considered for publication. For regular quarterly issues, your anonymous manuscript should be submitted as an email attachment to Dr. Sandra G. Shannon, CLAJ Editor, at [email protected].
• Manuscripts must be Microsoft Word documents, double spaced, with one-inch margins, and Times New Roman 12 pt. font.
• Manuscripts should be approximately 20-24 pages (7000-8000 words), which excludes footnotes and works cited.
• Formatting and citations should conform to The MLA Handbook (8th Edition, 2016).
• CLAJ requires references notes in the form of footnotes.
Manuscripts should also be accompanied by a separate additional file that contains
• a cover letter with the author’s name, address, email address, telephone number, and professional affiliation.
• an abstract of the essay that does not exceed 250 words formatted as a single-spaced page with the essay title and author’s name.
• a biographical sketch of the author, of approximately 100 words. (If the work is collaborative, a separate biographical sketch is required for each author.)
• A statement of the author’s CLA membership status.