Adelphi University-Visiting Assistant Professor/Poet
Visiting Assistant Professor/Poet
Adelphi University, New York, is a highly awarded, nationally ranked, powerfully connected doctoral research university dedicated to transforming students’ lives through small classes with world-class faculty, hands-on learning and innovative ways to support academic and career success.
The Adelphi University Department of English seeks a published poet to serve as a Visiting Assistant Professor for the spring semester 2020 (beginning January 27th) through the academic year 2020-21.
1. The successful candidate will teach classes in contemporary literature, and will instruct both in the multi-genre MFA program and in the undergraduate major.
2. Ability to teach the MFA class “Teaching Writing” is desirable.
3. Course load is 18 credits (3-3) for the academic year including appropriate departmental responsibilities.
1. The Department seeks a published poet (a chapbook or collection is desirable).
2. College teaching experience at the MFA level is desirable.
3. Possess an interest in creative writing pedagogy.
4. Ability to teach contemporary literature, as well as a commitment to literary citizenship (a record of engagement in literary readings, seminars, etc. is desirable).
1. Applicants should submit a curriculum vitae, a cover letter that includes a separate paragraph detailing how diversity figures into your past, present, and future teaching and writing, a writing sample, and a list of references.
2. To be considered, apply here: https://apptrkr.com/1612592
3. The deadline for applications is October 18th.